Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcoming The New Year

with some new lambs!

Our lambs usually never come all at the same time.
So far we only have 4 ewes that have lambed but today was their first trip outside and the first time they had ever seen lambs other than their twins.
They started out hesitantly,
but pretty soon they were best pals and forming a gang,
and electing a leader.
Woohoo!  I'm number one!  I'm number one!
Togo stayed out of the way, but kept an eye on the proceedings in case a referee was needed.
But soon enough the day was over, and Laddie was waiting to take them all back to the barn,
so that when the sun went down, everyone could sleep in the cozy warm straw.

4 comments:

Camp said...

oh MY SWEET LADDIE is the start of the day, of course! I see your little tongue Laddie.

manymuddypaws said...

oh my are they ever cute! love the little brown one!

MTWaggin said...

Nothing cuter and I adore this post!

Kris said...

Those are some cute little lambs. I can hardly wait for all mine to lamb. They'll start in Feb. and got through May. I love lambs!