Monday, July 7, 2008

A Whole Different Ball Game

Meet Rookie or as some may call her, Upland Hills First Round Pick. She has some extra letters behind her name from a title or two but that's not important in the grand scheme of things.
Rookie is obviously a different kind of working dog and she showed me her skills while I was visiting her owners in California. Since I had the luxury of not having Bob and his noise phobia along, I went out hunting with Rookie and her owners.

In a similar way as our border collies, Rookie was born with her skills and just needed some guidance. Having a trained dog really makes for easy hunting. She's a real step-saver and you hardly have to work at all.

She finds the bird and points them out to you

You shoot the bird (or have a friend do it for you if you are gun impaired)

and wait for her to bring it back.I barely had to get off the couch.