Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby Mama

Maid is due to have puppies this Monday.
A few years ago we bred her and she beat her due date by 3 days. It was a little bit of a surprise and she whelped the first one in her crate. This time I am going to get the jump on her.
I moved her into her whelping box tonight. I am sorry for the bad quality of the photos. Like a few of our other dogs, Maid firmly believes that if you take her picture you will steal her soul.Scott has helpfully shrunk the whelping box down to half it's usual size. It was too big before and the newborn blind pups often would get lost in it.
Several people have asked me if I thought she was getting big - I'd say so. Fortunately, she won't be too lonely in her new digs, Poe said he'd spend the night with her while she gets used to her home.

5 comments:

Camp said...

Oh Maid you are simply glowing :-) in your lovely new cottage. Good job Scott! and sweet Poe I know Maid appreciates the company...now Poe do you have the timer and the relaxation music..breathe... breathe....

Donna Brinkworth said...

Oh my, I think that first one my bratty Jet, LOL. I can't wait to hear about more Maid puppies, as I personally think she makes very nice ones!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Good call!

manymuddypaws said...

you need to have the camera = cookies talk with the dogs. :o) no soul stealing...

glad she has poe to keep her company!

Camp said...

I JUST noticed the sexy legs in the background..and just WHO do those belong to??? heehee