Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Chores

Since the lazy days of summer have come to an end and the leaves are starting to turn, we have to do our fall work to prepare for the winter work.
As always, some prefer to watch rather than do. This weekend I thought perhaps I would mow the lawn. It is amazing to me how the leaves in the trees can be turning but my grass is still growing. Scott felt that the grass was short enough but that's coming from the man who won't be scooping the poop out of the long grass this winter. I figured it wouldn't be too much work since we bought a riding mower this year but I couldn't get it to start.
With Scott away doing clinics my only other option was to let Salem check under the hood for me. He couldn't figure it out either so I was back to the tried and true push mower. It was too much work to do the free run yard but I did get the boy's dog yard done


and the girls.
Now the question is if a girl mows all the lawns, and no one's there to see it, did it really happen?