Thursday, May 27, 2010

Auld Farm

Having always lived in the Western part of North America, (first California and now Alberta) what I think is old is not really old. When we go back east, I get to feed my history obsession and really visit old. (what would I do in Europe?)
Right now we are at Kerales Farm. An OLD farm built in the early 1700's (for my Canadian friends, that was when the US was still part of Mother England).I was impressed by my 100 year old barn until I saw this one.
The original parts of the barn are about 300 years old!How many farmers have touched those stones in three centuries?
In addition to history, the farm also has my favorite kind of sheep!
Scottish Blackface!I don't think the animals here are as impressed by it's age as I am. The chickens are just grateful that the barn is warm and dry in the winter and cool in the summer.And has lots of cubby holes to hide eggs in.Hmmm. That's alot of kids.
Perhaps she shouldn't have found such a good hiding spot.

2 comments:

livin life said...

I, too, love the "oldness" of back east. Dreaming of what might have been....love this post.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Neat! We really need to get some SBs. Such beautiful sheep.