|Karen Ramstead and Siberian Huskies in the Iditarod
Not because I've done it before - I haven't.
But I once rode on a quad behind my friend Karen's Iditarod finishing team,
The sled dog community is very helpful on how to keep active working dogs happy and we have copied several of their ideas.
Our dog truck is based on theirs, and our dog yard is similar.
So, if I love the Iditarod so much, why haven't I switched sports ?
I have the answer for you:
TOP 10 REASONS WHY I'LL NEVER RACE IN THE IDITAROD
by Jenny Glen
1. It's cold in Alaska
2. They frown on taking "little dogs" on the race trail
4. It's cold in the snow
5. You don't get to sleep late when you are doing a race
6. You can't bathe or shave your legs for more than a couple of weeks
7. They often have cold storms during the race
8. I can't fit the harness over Togo's head
9. There are no Taco Bell stops along the route
10. It's cold in Alaska
However, I will be glued to my computer for the next couple of weeks following the race on line.
If you need someone to root for, and you are looking for a border collie connection to the race, my friend Karen Ramstead is racing her Siberians this year and her kennel mascot, Bet, is a border collie and half sister to Scott's Don.
So jump over to the official Iditarod site, sign up for the "insider", and follow along with me from inside our warm houses!